PRASAR BHARTI is an autonomous government body that administers the public media channel such as Doordarshan and All India Radio. PRASAR BHARTI was established as an independent body in the year 1997 when a need was arose that there must be an organisation for controlling broadcasting media in the country. PRASAR BHARTI is responsible for providing people of India high quality and free of cost information, education and entertainment.
“Prasar Bharti” has issued notification for recruitment process to fill the various vacancies through Staff Selection Commission (SSC) examination for the year 2013. Vacancies are opened for the post of “Engineering Assistant” and “Technician”. Online application forms from all India are welcomed. Total no of vacancies available are 1630. Out of which 1290 are available for Engineering Assistance and 340 are for the post of Technician. These job vacancies are further reserved as per government rules and regulations for caste reservation.
Following are the details regarding eligibility, age, fees structure and exam date.
- Engineering Assistance – For applying to the post of Engineering Assistance a candidate must have completed B.E, B.tech or any equivalent course in Electronics, Electronics and communication, electrical, information technology. Candidates having completed Diploma in the field of Telecommunication/Electronics/Electrical/information Technology with one year of job experience are also eligible to apply for the post.
- Technician – For applying to the post of technician a candidate must have completed two or more years of Diploma course in Electronics/Telecommunication from recognized university. Candidates who have completed 10+2 are also eligible to apply for the post.
- For the post of Engineering Assistance age limit is 30 years.
- For the post of Technician a candidate must be older than 18 years of age and younger than 25 years of age.
Must Read: Staff Selection Commission Recruitment 2013 Time Table
How to Apply?
Candidates need to apply online. For filling the online form a candidate must visit official website of SSC www.ssconline2.gov.in.
Follow the given steps to fill the form:
1. After opening the home page go to Examination link and click on it.
2. A application form will appear, read it carefully and fill the details.
3. Choose the preferences according to your needs. You must fill the fields marked with red, they are mandatory.
4. After filling the form click on continue. A new form will appear, check the filled details. You can modify them if you want.
5. After checking the details you need to accept the undertakings by filling the text given above the submit button and then click on submit button.
6. Note down the reg.id .
(Note: for the post of Engineering Assistance write “A” in the preference and for the post of Technician write “B”. you can also apply for both the posts.)
Fees Payment and Structure:
For the candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD category are exempted from fees.
For the candidates belonging to OBC/OPEN should pay fees of Rs.200/- for one post. A candidate applying for both post will be charged Rs.400/-.
Fees can be filled both online and offline.
Online – For online payment a candidate can pay through net banking or from debit/credit card of SBI.
Offline – For offline payment a candidate should download challan slip and submit it along with the fees to any SBI branch.
SSC will conduct written test of all the eligible candidates. Based on the results of written test candidates will be called for interview.
Last date of filling of online form - 20th March 2013
Date of exam – 26th May 2013
Important Websites and Links: